Hello folks! Today, I have five things to do before you start a baking project. It’s been awhile since I posted anything about baking, so I thought it was time I did.
Look for a special guest post on Saturday. 😉
Alright, now for the tips!
1. Read the recipe all the way through. If you just read it as you go along there could be problems. You might want to bring some cookies to a social and you need them done in one hour, but the recipe says to leave them in the freezer overnight. This could be a real damper on your plans when you read it halfway through the recipe and are almost done, plus there is no time to make more cookies.
2. Get out all your ingredients. It is always good to make sure you have all of your ingredients when you first start because you might be almost done with your recipe and realize you have no oil or apples or something and then have to run to the store. Or you might have to end up dumping it out (which is a waste of money) or making it without that ingredient (and it probably won’t taste like it should)
3. Wash your hands. You always need to wash your hands before you start any project in the kitchen so that you won’t get any germs in your food.
4. Put your hair back. You don’t want to find little “surprises” of hair in your food especially when you are having company over or baking cookies to give to a friend. So just get a hair band and put your hair into a ponytail.
5. Wear an apron. Not only do aprons look cute but they will also keep your clothes clean (I have times where I think, “Oh, I won’t wear an apron this time. It will be fine.” and by the time I am done baking, there is flour all over my dress) plus you have a place to wipe your hands any time, instead of hunting up a rag. The pockets in aprons are a nice place to keep hair ties so you won’t have to go looking for one every time you need it.
That’s all for now; I hope you learned something new about what to do before you start baking.
Did this post help you out?
If you could only have one dessert for the rest of your life what would it be?
Do you like French accents?