Hi! Welcome to Books Baking & Writing! I’m Mandalynn. I am a fifteen year old homeschooled girl, the fourth child in my family, and the second girl.
My father is an evangelist, so we travel around with him across the US when he preaches.
I read all the time, and yeah, people call me a book worm. (but I’m not particularly fond of that name. I don’t know, just something about being called a worm….) My mom says, “If you want to know where Mandalynn is, just follow her path of books.” I know, they’re supposed to go on the shelf, but not everyone is perfect, right?
I’m also a writeaholic. Is that even a word? I started writing when I was six, but was telling stories around age five. right now I am writing four different stories, (that doesn’t include the countless ones that I started and didn’t finish) and am always having new ideas for ones running through my head.
And then I love to bake. I’ve mostly baked cookies, cheesecakes, brownies, fudge, and bars, but I do want to start trying my hand at more advanced things like chocolate roulade and raspberry tarts (Raspberries are my favorite berry by the way.)
Now, here is a list of some random things about me
• I love horses (my favorite breed are palominos) and will ride them any chance I get.
• The Las Angels Dodgers are my favorite Baseball team.
• Baseball is my favorite sport to watch or play.
• I love Labradors and German Shepherds (no Chihuahuas!)
• I’ve always dreamed of living on a farm.
• I like to play my Irish tin whistle and also the piano.
• I enjoy making movies with my siblings and friends.
• I love learning about history.
• I like swimming (even though I don’t get to do it often)
• I have been to forty six states.
• My favorite season is… I don’t really know. I love summer because you can swim, catch fireflies, eat ice cream and watermelon, and watch fireworks. I love fall because the leaves change colors and you can snuggle up in a blanket and read while drinking tea, or bake things that are pumpkin and apple. then I love winter because of the snow, but we don’t get much snow where we live. so I’m not really sure what my favorite season is.
• I do know what my favorite holiday is: CHRISTMAS, definitely!
• My favorite colors are light pink, parrot yellow, and then sort of a mixture of turquoise, aqua, and mint.
• I have eight siblings: four brothers and four sisters.
• I like cowgirl boots over tennis shoes.
• Snow is awesome! I love snow!
• I love ice skating.
• If I could go to any country I would go to Scotland and then England.
• My favorite fiction series is The Baker Family Adventure’s.
• I know a bit of French and can sing the first verse of silent night in German.
And I could probably write more but this is quite long as it is and I don’t want to bore you, or are you already bored? Oh well. XD I hope you enjoy this blog! Don’t forget to subscribe, and please leave a comment, but make sure that it glorifies God and has no foul language.
Soli Deo Gloria, Mandalynn
P.S. A load of thanks to Amie for designing my beautiful header!